This site is owned and operated by Jungle. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Jungle, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information Jungle gathers and tracks:
Jungle gathers two types of information about users:
- Information users provide through optional submissions. These are voluntary submissions to; start a compensation claim, request a call back, receive our electronic newsletters, participate in our message boards or forums and from participation in polls and surveys.
- Information Jungle gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs by having a good understanding of our audience demographics. Under no circumstances does Jungle divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Jungle gathers user information in the following processes:
- Optional Voluntary Information
- We offer the following services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches)
- We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Jungle gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Jungle may use a system to ‘tag’ users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- Jungle may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
- Usage tracking
- Jungle will track user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Jungle may break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
- Jungle sometimes tracks and catalogues the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like or don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
User of information:
Jungle uses information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience on our website, whether to provide interactive or personalised elements on the site or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
When we use tracking information to determine users preferred areas of our website, we do not track what individual users read, we look at how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
Sharing of the information:
Jungle will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Jungle operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users